Carleton Asset Management Group is one division of the financial services area of our company. This group manages more than 4,000 multifamily apartment units located throughout the Southwest, built by Carleton Construction.
Our division’s staff has 35 years combined experience managing a variety of property types — from garden style to high rise — including: conventional market-rate properties, affordable housing, student living accommodations, and senior living residences.
Carleton provides all-encompassing services, from construction management to sale or refinance. We excel across the spectrum of asset management:
- Rent growth
- Value enhancement
- Reporting & Compliance
Lease-up and Stabilization
With a proven track record of lease-up in new or rehabilitated properties, Carleton maximizes value with a combination of high rental rates and short transaction periods. But we don’t stop there.
Our Asset Management team works closely with on-site management continuously, from day one. Through site visits and leasing conferences, we track property progress, even providing marketing and leasing assistance to ensure occupancy goals.
As the relationship continues, Carleton analyzes operational and financial performance, including a monthly review of revenue and expenses. We also assist with annual budgeting and provide Risk Management guidance (including assistance with property taxes and insurance services).
During property stabilization, we consult with the Carleton Investment division, Salt River Capital, to guide performance for maximized cash flow. We solidly position property owners with an optimum exit strategy.
Repositioning and Value Enhancement
Throughout diverse geographies and broad price spectrums, Carleton’s success includes asset management of properties from affordable housing to top-of-the-market Class A rate units. We reposition properties to gain a high-yield income and solve specific tactical problems for projects across the market. Through our years of experience and advantageous approach, we enhance the value of ventures we manage.
Reporting and Compliance
Clients, investors and regulatory authorities demand strict accounting, reporting and compliance for tax credits and balance sheets. Carleton recognizes the importance of compliance and we make it our focus in each transaction. And our experience includes not only market rate properties, but also the complex Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) units.
Carleton applies a four-pronged approach to Reporting and Compliance:
- We monitor and report compliance with covenants set by lenders, investors and equity providers
- We forge strong relationships with national top lenders and equity syndicators, including Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Chase and the National Equity Fund (NEF).
- We conduct regular property inspections to ensure physical compliance, and partner with Carleton Construction for seamless solutions
- We track compliance with insurance and tax requirements (through the annual audit), and guide connections to local and national insurance, accounting and tax consultants.
Affordable housing programs require additional compliance steps, and Carleton specializes in this asset arena. We are experienced in LIHTC transactions and have a proven track record with program syndicators, such as:
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA)
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA)
- Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA, or Fannie Mae)
- Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC, or Freddie Mac)
Carleton’s Asset Management further assists with the cost certification and 8609 process.