Carleton Development, the real estate services arm of our company, provides full-lifecycle property ventures across the product spectrum.
We have extensive experience in:
- Class A market rate housing
- Workforce housing
- Mixed income housing
- Affordable housing
The development organization employs a proprietary risk management approach to development, built upon the partners’ years of experience. To consistently succeed, Carleton invests in the efficient deployment of capital and in the close company-client partnership.
Carleton’s history and reputation in the market allows us to access opportunities otherwise not available, and our balance sheet backs up our ability to commit resources that match each of those opportunities. This combination boosts Carleton as the top provider in a competitive market.
Carleton pursues both new development and acquisition rehabilitation projects. Since our executives’ real estate experience dates back to the 1970s, our team has successfully navigated projects through boom and bust cycles of both the real estate industry and regional economy.
Carleton’s disciplined approach is strategic:
- Evaluate market conditions, seeking profitable ventures
- Combine regional, competitive advantages with each project
- Effectively identify and execute unique, even proprietary, opportunities
- Create product solutions designed specifically for the target submarket and population
Carleton (and its affiliates) has been both developer and general contractor for affordable housing clients of all sizes including housing authorities, non-profits, and other entities. We have experience in a broad variety of affordable housing finance programs including:
- Rental Assistance Demonstrations (RAD)
- Section 42 Tax Credit
- HUD financing (including HOPE VI grants)
- Other funding sources (including city, state, and federal programs)
Our consistent commitment to this market for more than 20 years provides the foundation for Carleton’s ground-breaking accomplishments:
- We were the originating firm that completed the first two RAD transactions in Texas
- We were the forerunner in developing affordable housing using green building strategies, with Platinum-level certified projects designated by Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) standards
- We were one of the earliest providers of affordable housing targeted specifically for seniors and those seeking special access